Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Thank You, Saints!

Dear Readers,

Indulge me one more day of non-political posts, as I will have to spend at least 24 hours following the State of the Union just to come down from my post SOTU high! For now, though, a note of thanks.

This thank you is to Sean Payton, Drew Brees, Deuce, Reggie, Jamaal Brown, Will Smith, Mike Karney, and all of the other Saints. I don't need to write another story of their magical season, as there are enough of those around. I simply wish to thank each and every one of them, as a long-time Saints fan, for this unbelievable season.

One of old Teddy's great memories of his youth is Sunday dinner at my grandparents' house, with the Saints' game on the TV. I also remember going to a number of Saints games - mostly losses to the 49ers, though that doesn't matter - with my late father, which is a special memory for me.

It's not easy following that franchise, but what they did this year was nothing short of amazing. Congrats and good luck to the Bears, but I'm still as proud as could be of the Saints, and always will be.

A little enjoyment:



Now, despite the west-coast, liberal elite that run the city, I like Chicago a lot. The Bears beat the Saints soundly, and I congratulate them for it. As with all teams, though, including the Saints, they're cursed with their share of bad fans, and one simply takes the cake. And, though this guy represents about .0000000001% of Bears' fans, to this ladykiller, I simply say, "Stay Classy, Chicago!"



Congratulations and thank you, Saints!

-Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Bears fans were very uncordial, but I do like Chicago. I think Chicago is the most underrated large city in America--I visited there last summer because my cousin lives there...very nice city. I could go back if I wanted to. That's not something I'd say for every city/town I'd see.

Jack X

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it's Wednesday, so here my question for the week...

There seems be a reminiscience of Katrina this week (with the State of the Union, Saints, etc.). Supposedly, according to Michael Brown, politics played a role in handling the storm, and Gov. Kathleen Blanco has started her nagging again.

So, who do you think is right? Do you think politics did play a role, or was it something else, like sheer incompetance on any level (local, state, federal, etc.)?

JX

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home