Thursday, January 11, 2007

Thursdays with Theodore, Episode 1/11/07

Dear Readers,

Old Teddy is back at his home base, and ready to get back to work. To the mail bag!

Nancy writes:

Dear Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq.,

After watching our President's glorious speech last night, do you think his plan to surge the number of troops is brilliant, or genius?


Nancy, great question. I think it's clearly both. Despite the Republicans turning tail and running away from this plan, our divinely-inspired President clearly knows what he's doing. Just because the American people voted against such plans in a renouncing manner in the November elections, that's no reason to change course. We're staying the course - to victory!

Now, the west-coast, liberal elite, fake-compassion-for-soldiers-erazzi like to say that the President is risking the sacrifice of even more innocent young American heroes in order to try to save face. But they forget that our military is the best trained in all of the world. WIth the President's plan to ... ummm ... spread democracy in their hands, such a clear path to victory can't possibly fail. This new, concrete plan by W will change everything! What a leader!

Nancy, and my other dear readers, thank you for loving America!

-Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Lord,

I am so sorry for missing the session this week. I totally forgot--I figured that becuase the blog entries for the week have been off and on and because there was no "notice," that Thursday with Ted was skipped for the week. Don't worry, I'll try and get a question for next week.

As for surging, I have to say I am a bit leary becuase I don't know for sure what it will accomplish. It may accomplish a lot, but it could accomplish very little or may worsen the entire situation-- I'm not sure. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it's all up to the Iraqis to stand up and defend their country. If they cannot do that, then that is it. The US cannot babysit them forever--there are many other things that can and should be done. Personally, and you may call me a hypocrite, but I believe the military has done pretty much everything it can and should do, and they have done a great job. Also, while having to question our "divinly-inspired President," I thought he was going to listen to the generals on the ground, but didn't he just sack two of them last week?

As for stretched thin comments, increasing the all-volunteer force is probably a good idea--something that should have been done around 9/11...I just get fearful of those draft people, part of anxiety, I guess--more of that horrible liberal ploy. Then again, if Congress doesn't want to fork out $1.4 billion for every ten grand soldiers, why would they surge?

I'm sorry for playing Benedict Arnold or whatever, but I really just have questions pertaining to the entire manner. Then again, maybe I should just sit back, relax, and trust our divinly-inspired President with whatever decisions he and his colleagues make. So, it's a heads or tails operation. What side should I take?

Hugs and kisses,
Joe X & Jim X, Siamese triplets of Jack X

PS. It's just like my grandmother's priest said, "Liberals will ruin this country." And the religious gentleman is from Boston, too--don't count out all Massachusettians [sp]. Just because it's the land of the Kennedys and John Kerry doesn't mean they are all American-hating liberals. Did you know, by the way, that the Massachusetts colony was the first to legalize slavery?

10:41 PM  
Blogger Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq. said...

Jack,

No need to worry. Just make sure to get your question in next week!

I also obviously disagree strongly with you over the President's surge plan. There's no way this plan won't work perfectly!

But you're right, if you disagree with W's plan, it is the fault of the liberals!

-Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq.

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hold the phone line here, Ted...

I didn't write that--my hyper emotional triplet brothers wrote that. Sorry about that. It's just time to sit back, relax, and trust our divinly inspired president with whatever move he chooses, regardless if he has everyone or no one behind him...Capische?

Jack X

8:40 PM  
Blogger Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq. said...

Sorry about that, Jack X. I forgot it wasn't you who had written it.

-Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq.

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I did write it!!!! Who's to say I didn't write it?

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home