Thursday, January 18, 2007

Thursdays with Theodore, Episode 1/18/07

Dear Readers,

Welcome to this week's episode of "Thursdays with Theodore!" Off to the mailbag.

Jack X writes:

Now that Barack Obama is in the running, do you think he would have a good chance at winning the primaries? I mean, do you think he could and should outdo Mrs. Clinton?

I mean, personally, I'd see almost anyone running against Hillary in the Democrats as the "lesser evil," but that's just me. Republicans are another story--we can wait and see who will carry the elephant torch later.

Jack X



Jack X, I agree, they're all evil. I think he has a good shot against her because she is the Democratic version of McCain - all over the political spectrum depending on how the wind is blowing. I think that John Edwards is dangerous right now, and could take them both down. Edwards seems like the strongest candidate in the field, although he's not getting much pub. I, Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq., in no way encourage my readers to support a strong Democratic candidate like John Edwards.


Jack X also writes:

On the fifth anniversary of 9/11, CSPAN (and probably a few other networks) ran a video of various members of Congress singing the "National Anthem" led by Hastert. To me, it sounded like Mr. Hastert had a little trouble remembering the words to a song almost every American can and should know. What is your take on it?

In case you have not seen the video, here is a link:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZwMpEr5Mh_I

Jack X



Jack X, that's another great question. You have to understand that Mr. Hastert was under a lot of pressure leading the greatest party in the greatest country in the history of the world. Spending time learning little things like the correct words to our national anthem was simply not feasible for him. He had the tune right, and that's really the best we could hope for. Leave it to the west-coast, liberal elite, liberal media to point to this as another example of the failings of the Republican leadership, though, and their lack of connection to real Americans.

Dear readers, thank you for loving America!

-Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq.

4 Comments:

Blogger Eyezaku said...

Forgetting the words to the national anthem is such an unpatriotic and unAmerican thing to do.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq. said...

eyechan,

I believe you're wrong on this one. He had the overall tune right. He was just too simply looking into the Foley scandal to learn or recall the words!

-Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq.

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, I tend to agree. Listening to him sing it reminds me of when Frank Drebin tried to sing it disguised as an opera singer in "The Naked Gun." Sorry, Ted...while the National Anthem is very hard to sing, as the melody came from a drinking song, Hastert's version will go down as a rather bad version, but not as bad as Roseanne Barr's....

10:56 PM  
Blogger Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq. said...

Jack X,

I can't be swayed on this. Hastert was occupied at the time leading the greatest party in the greatest country in the history of the world. He was busy in his eleventh month or so of not doing anything about Mark Foley. He had the tune right. That's all that could really be expected from him.

-Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq.

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home