Monday, January 29, 2007

The Hippies Are Out Again

Dear Readers,

As many as you have heard by now, tens of thousands of west-coast, liberal elite, America haters marched on Washington D.C. this past weekend. What were they all riled up about? Well, they just wanted to express their hatred of our troops and our divinely-inspired President, and their love of the terrorists. Par for the course with the libs.

Now, these west-coast, liberal elite, Constitution huggers like to argue that the First Amendment gives them the right both to assemble and to say what they please. These people have obviously forgotten about 9/11. Everything changed that day. We've got to make some sacrifices, and appeasing the terrorists by demonstrating against the war should not be an option, no matter what that outdated First Amendment says!

Hippie protestors, why do you hate America?

-Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang, and I thought Jane Fonda had faded into oblivion. She's like a cockroach!

Sorry, I don't buy the outdated first amendment, as it's the secondary vertebrae to the backbone known as the Constitution--the heartbeat of America...Don't care what "our divinly-inspired President" says...Then again, if there are any people who are trying to defame the Constitution, it's the liberals who are crying "gun control" with the second amendment. What's next? Are people going to now lobby to have soldiers live in their home during peacetime and fight the 3rd amendment?

Jack X

10:55 AM  
Blogger Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq. said...

Jack X,

I agree totally on the craziness of gun control. I mean, the Second Amendment says we can have arms for a well regulated militia. Well, we obviously still need a militia today! Oh, and let's just ignore that "well-regulated" language in the amendment. I'm sure the Founders wanted me to have an automatic assault rifle when I go duck hunting!

And, more importantly, in a country that outpaces other developed nations in gun deaths each year, who would want gun control? I'm sure the police don't mind people perps having assault weapons and kevlar-piercing rounds when they have to bust into a house on a raid.

But the First Amendment is outdated. We're at war. As the Vice President has said many times, and continues to say, expressing one's opinion in opposition to the war emboldens the enemy. Since I don't want to embolden the enemy, and Dick Cheney would never lie or do anything to strengthen his power, I'm going to have to take him at face value on this one!

-Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq.

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need another Richard Nixon so that the hippies can all go away...

4:43 PM  
Blogger Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq. said...

I'll pass on having another Nixon. Old Teddy can't stand to see a bunch of Republicans sent to prison again!

-Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home