Friday, July 04, 2008

Throwing Off the Shackles of the Liberal Media

Dear Readers,

Today, of course, brings a close to the holiday season. From me and mine to you and yourn, Happy 4th of July! Ol' Teddy hopes all of you had as wonderful of a holiday as I did. Happy Birthday, Declaration of Independence!

This morning began with Ol' Teddy slipping into my tighty red, blue, and whities. I then put on my jean shorts, flag muscle shirt, and steel-toed boots, and headed out. After that, today was all about the grilling in the Trumblebunks' household, with sausage being the featured item.

That's right, I spent much of the day grilling up some sausage. I bought some, and some patriotic friends brought some over as well. We grilled much of the day, and enjoyed each other's sausages (I especially enjoyed Tony's Italian sausage and Wojciech's Polish sausage). After grilling all day and enjoying the sausages, we decided we needed to shower before watching the fireworks. Once clean, it was time for the show!

Dear readers, Ol' Teddy fired up the F-250 and cranked up "Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue" and headed down for the fireworks show. I had an ice chest full of Zima, so we got a little smashed as we celebrated our Independence. Of course, we took the time to sober up before driving home, so we laid around in the bed of the truck to pass the time. Once the Zimas had worn off, it was time to call it a day.

Dear readers, thank you for all of your support. Happy Independence Day to all of you!

-Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 4th of July to you, too! In spite of my party changing affiliaton, I adore the Declaration of Independence, and find it to be a spectacular document that has stood the test of time and hopefully will stand for centuries to come.

I should take the moment to give one observation: I notice that both Senators McCain and Kerry have a lot in common, besides their Vietnam service. They both seem to flip-flop a lot--I think Kerry did a bad job at it, which cost him the election in 2004, but I think McCain is a bit worse. I mean, he has changed positions on torture (which is ashaming given his past), tax cuts, ANWR drilling, and, most recently, on Jim Webb's GI Bill. I don't like many of Obama's stances, but I'd vote for him over Mr. McCain.

By the way, I love these $4 gas prices--hard to imagine they were well below $1.50 when Bush took office. I blame him for the high prices, and thanks to that, it will be another "the economy, stupid" election year like in 1992. That was the straw that broke the camel's back and caused me to divorce the GOP.

Here's a good few patriotic songs:

"Little Pink Houses"
"Born in the USA"
"Alice's Restaurant"
"Scarborough Fair/Canticle"
"American Pie"
and, hell, "Like a Rock"

Happy 4th again, Sir Trumblebunks, the neocon.

Jack X

11:23 PM  
Blogger Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq. said...

Aren't these $4.00 gas prices wonderful, Jack X? It's like Christmas in July!!!

-Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq.

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's more like April 15th in July.

Boo-yah!

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home