Thursday, June 22, 2006

Thursdays with Theodore, episode 6/22/06

Dear Readers,

I, Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq., would like to take this opportunity to address questions sent in from my loyal readers. As you know, Willington has copied me on this. Since he hates America, and I love America, you should stick with the original, dear readers!

To the mailbag:

Why are you afraid of Franklin Willington posting on your blog? Why won't you stay true to your original word? Has Franklin won?
-Franklin Willington

Willington, you already do post on my blog through all of your comments. More importantly, I gave you your own blog. Instead of complaining like the whining, west-coast, liberal elite, be grateful for what you have. My blog is about loving America, which you don't. Therefore, I refuse to allow you to spew your vitriol to my loyal readers.

Dear Theodore Trumblebunks,

I have a question for you. Who do you think is the most underrated US president in American history, and who do you think is the most overrated US president in American history and why?

Thank you,
Jack X

The most underrated President is easily Richard Milhous Nixon. Much like our current divinely-inspired President, Nixon led our nation valiantly in the time of a war that brought out the whines of the west-coast, surrenderist, liberal elite. More importantly, he created many of the predecessors to the domestic information gathering systems that W has been using to keep us safe! Yet, when the liberal media is droning on and on about the President and the NSA, they use their bias to ignore the original, Richard Milhous Nixon.

The most overrated is Dwight David Eisenhower. Now, this has nothing to do with him as a person or his life history. He was a war hero and a real American, and should be praised as such. But once decision of his, and one that he personally lamented in his later years, ruined our nation forever: Eisenhower chose Earl Warren to be the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, ushering in the beginning of the west-coast, liberal elite, liberal activist Supreme Court. For that reason, and that reason alone, Ike is overrated.


There you have it, dear readers. Thank you for all of your questions and comments, and I look forward to serving you with my thoughts in the next episode of "Thursdays with Theodore."

Willington, why do you hate America?

-Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq.

3 Comments:

Blogger Franklin Willington said...

Why did you go back on your word though Teddy? How can your readers trust you now? For all they know you could actually be a liberal elitist yourself.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq. said...

Willington, I didn't go back on my word. I would be going back on my word if I let my readers suffer through your hate America first speech. I have an obligation to my dear, loyal readers, and I take that very seriously.

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Teddy,

I apologize for my lateness in discussing what you said. I took a patriotic trip to Chicago while you posted this message. What's more American than visiting and going up to the tallest building in this fine country and getting an Eagle's Eye view of a great city?

I certainly agree that Nixon is a very underrated President. He was the one who ended a lot of the troubles associated with the 1960s, such as the Vietnam War protests. He also appointed Rehnquist, who would eventually become a great Supreme Court Chief Justice. Yes, he was plauged by Watergate and the fact that he used rather colorful language, but he was only human.

As for another underrated president, what about David Atchinson? He was President for one day in 1848. What if he were President for two days or more? To think of the potential he could have had if he were the 12th President, as opposed to Zachary Taylor? Also, what about James Polk? Just because he served one term and served between some rather mediocre presidents doesn't make him a bad president. In fact, he was one of the hardest working one-termmers and didn't serve a 2nd term because he volunteered not to. Or what about Franklin Pierce? Sure, he dealt with Bleeding Kansas, but he was the only president to use the alternate wording of the Presidential oath, and he began the great tradition of the White House Christmas (nay, holiday) Tree!

As for overrated, Eisenhower sounds like a winner. In American history, it is noticeable that just because someone was a great war hero doesn't make him a great President (Grant also comes into mind, even though there have been some excellent war hero presidents, like George Washington and Andrew Jackson). Come on, Grant was so unpopular that a cop in Washington, DC gave him a speeding ticket and didn't recognize him!

On an unrelated note, speaking about the holidays (Christmas in July starts tomorrow, after all!), I remember this God-awful holiday commercial that my local cable provider (Cox) aired around 2003. It contained this all black choir singing "The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)" but instead of singing "although it's been said many times, many ways, Merry Christmas to you," they say "Happy Holidays to you!" That was a very sad day for America right there when a local cable provider had the nerve to sing a good WWII song only to change the most memorable part of it to make it so "politically correct." Political correctness, in my honest opinion, is what takes the cake as being one of the things that is wrong with America.

Anyway, I need a drink!

Jack X

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home